Top Newsmax host Greg Kelly has joined other prominent allies of President Donald Trump in criticizing Lin Wood, who has made increasingly outlandish claims about alleged widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election.
The drama: Kelly, a fervent Trump supporter and rising star at upstart Newsmax, slammed Wood in a series of tweets on Friday, after the Georgia-based attorney suggested Vice President Mike Pence was complicit in a scheme to steal the election from Trump and should face execution by firing squad.
- “What the hell is going on with @LLinWood?” Kelly tweeted on Friday. “Maybe he’s been part of the election FRAUD all along? His LOONY TOON antics are so Over-The-Top it’s like he’s PRETENDING to be INSANE.”
- In subsequent tweets, the “Greg Kelly Reports” host called Wood a “son of a bitch” and suggested he might be trying to “sabotage” the upcoming Georgia Senate runoff races.
- In another tweet, Kelly suggested Wood’s brain was either “TOTALLY FRIED” or “OWNED BY CHINA.”
On Friday, Trump campaign attorney Jenna Ellis and Nick Sandmann, the former Covington Catholic High School student who Wood represented in a highly publicized defamation case, distanced themselves from Wood in separate statements on Twitter.
How it started: In December, Kelly seemed to take Wood’s theories about electoral malfeasance seriously, including Wood’s claim that Georgia election officials had taken money from China.
- Wood even appeared on the Dec. 10 airing of “Greg Kelly Reports,” where he questioned why Georgia Republicans voting in the Senate runoff would want to participate “in another rigged election?”
How it’s going: While Kelly has not wavered in his belief that widespread voter fraud occurred in the 2020 election, Wood’s theories appear to have become a bridge too far for the former Fox News White House correspondent.
- On Thursday, Wood claimed billionaire financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, who was found dead in his Manhattan jail in August of last year, is still alive.
- More recently, Wood accused Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts of being subject to a child rape and blackmail scheme “conducted by members of 10 of world’s most well-known & ‘elite’ intelligence agencies.”
- Wood, who claimed to have “the key to the files containing the videos,” said he would only provide the evidence directly to the president, former United States National Security
Advisor Michael Flynn or fellow attorney Sidney Powell.
“Overall—I HOPE that @LLinWood has a ‘strategy’ and a ‘method to the madness,'” Kelly tweeted on Saturday. “He’s been TOO GOOD for TOO LONG to totally ‘lose it’ at this point.”