ELON BACKS DESANTIS IN 2024
But freedom of speech is the bedrock of a strong democracy and must take precedence.— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 26, 2022
My preference for the 2024 presidency is someone sensible and centrist. I had hoped that would the case for the Biden administration, but have been disappointed so far.
New Twitter owner Elon Musk said Friday he supports Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis for president.
- Musk replied, “Yes,” to a Twitter user who asked if he’d back DeSantis in 2024 and also said he prefers a “sensible and centrist” candidate for president.
- DeSantis has yet to say if he will challenge Donald Trump for the GOP nomination, much to the former president’s frustration.
WHO RENAMES MONKEYPOX OVER RACISM CONCERNS
The World Health Organization said in a statement Monday it is phasing out “monkeypox” because the name may be stigmatizing and racist.
- Mpox is the new preferred name for the disease, of which there have been some 80,000 identified cases in dozens of countries.
- Later Monday, the Biden administration issued a statement signaling its support for the change.
ASIAN FAITH GROUPS TRY TO RECLAIM SWASTIKA
Minority faith communities and Native American elders attempting to redeem the swastika as a symbol of peace have faced pushback from Jewish groups, The Associated Press reported Sunday.
- But Greta Elbogen, an 85-year-old Holocaust survivor told The AP: “Hearing that the swastika is beautiful and sacred to so many people is a blessing. … It’s time to let go of the past and look to the future.”
MOM PAYS SPECIALIST TO ‘DEPROGRAM’ WOKE DAUGHTER
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Annabella (@annabellarockwell)
A New York City-raised pharmaceutical heiress was so “brainwashed” by attending Mount Holyoke College in Massachusetts that her mother had to pay $300 a day to have her deprogrammed, the young woman told The New York Post in an interview published Sunday.
- “I never experienced sexism,” said Annabella Rockwell, now 29. “But I was told there’s the patriarchy and you don’t even understand it’s been working against you your whole life. You’ve been oppressed and you didn’t even know it. Now you have to fight it. And I just went down this deep rabbit hole.”