ELON MUSK SHOWS TWITTER STAFF & ‘BLUE CHECKS’ WHO’S BOSS
Tech billionaire Elon Musk said in a Twitter staff meeting Thursday that he wasn’t done firing people and urged remaining workers to be “more hardcore” amid an exodus of executives, according to The New York Times.
- Musk laid off half of Twitter’s employees last week, shortly after buying the company for $44 billion.
- Also Thursday, Musk laughed off “blue check” Twitter users complaints about glitches with his new $8-per-month subscription service, which was designed to lessen Twitter’s dependence on advertisers.
- “Quite the day,” Musk tweeted overnight.
STUDENT DEBT CANCELATION GETS CANCELED
A U.S. District Court judge in Texas on Thursday vacated President Joe Biden’s plan to erase federal student loan debts for tens of millions of borrowers.
- In his ruling, Judge Mark Pittman wrote that the program was a “complete usurpation” of congressional authority by the executive branch.
- The Biden administration immediately appealed the decision but stopped taking applications for student loan debt cancelation.