HOUSE REPUBLICANS VOW TO INVESTIGATE HUNTER BIDEN
After clinching the House majority, top Republicans laid out plans Thursday to investigate President Joe Biden and his family’s business dealings.
- Republican on the House Oversight Committee said they have evidence the president and his son Hunter Biden participated in “waste, fraud, and abuse” in international business dealings.
- “Was Joe Biden directly involved with Hunter Biden’s business deals, and is he compromised?” said Rep. James Comer of Kentucky, the committee’s ranking Republican. “That’s our investigation.”
PELOSI STEPS DOWN AS DEMOCRATIC HOUSE LEADER
Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday she will step down as the leader of House Democrats after two decades in the role, though she will remain a congresswoman.
- Pelosi, 82, the first female speaker, declared in a speech on the House floor: “The hour has come for a new generation to lead the Democratic Caucus that I greatly respect.”
TOM BRADY & OTHER CELEBS SUED FOR FRAUD OVER FTX COLLAPSE
NFL quarterback Tom Brady, his supermodel ex-wife Gisele Bündchen and comedian Larry David were sued Tuesday by investors who lost money in the recent collapse of the FTX cryptocurrency exchange.
- In the suit, filed in federal court in Miami, the investors accused a total of 11 athletes and investors who promoted FTX of routing them into a Ponzi scheme.
- Also named was FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried, 30, a Democratic mega-donor and philanthropist who resigned as CEO Friday after his company declared bankruptcy.
- FTX is now under investigation for possible securities violations, and at least $1 billion in client funds are missing, according to Reuters.