Rudy Giuliani said on Tuesday that a hard drive recovered from a laptop computer allegedly belonging to Hunter Biden contains photos of underage girls and disturbing text messages.
The moment: During an appearance on Newsmax TV, Giuliani read aloud from what he said was a text exchange between Biden and his father, Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, related to an unnamed 14-year-old girl.
- “This is a really very, very sensitive one,” said Giuliani, President Donald Trump’s personal attorney. “There’s a sexual depravity to this that’s disgusting.”
According to Giuliani, Hunter Biden was complaining about allegations he said his former girlfriend had made to his therapist.
- “She she told my therapist that I was sexually inappropriate with [redacted] when she says that I face time naked with her and the reason I can’t have her out to see me is because I’ll walk around naked,” read the texts, an image of which Giuliani provided to Newsmax.
- “When she was pressed she said that [redacted] never said anything like that but the bottom line is that I create and caused … “A very unsafe environment for the kids.”
Giuliani said he earlier this week met with state police in Delaware, Biden’s home state, to discuss the hard drive’s contents.
- “There are numerous pictures here of girls that are being – I mean, they shouldn’t be there. That’s all I can tell you. And if the Delaware State Police don’t do anything about this, that would be really a tragic thing,” Giuliani told Newsmax host Greg Kelly.
Newsmax said it had not reviewed the materials in question and could not confirm the “authenticity of the evidence or the accuracy.”
The Delaware State Police on Wednesday told Newsweek they had passed along to the FBI an inquiry about the laptop, which was allegedly left at a local computer repair shop by Biden and given to the feds in December.
The Hunter Biden laptop saga: The New York Post last week published a series of reports about Biden’s business dealings in Ukraine and China based on emails and photos from the hard drive.
- Giuliani, who along with Trump has sought dirt on Joe Biden in Ukraine, provided the documents to the Post, and former Trump adviser Steve Bannon told the tabloid about the hard drive in September.
- Many have even speculated Giuliani could be colluding with Russia on behalf of the Trump campaign.
- But Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe on Monday said, “Hunter Biden’s laptop is not part of some Russian disinformation campaign,” and sources in the Department of Justice and FBI backed him up.
Joe Biden’s campaign has continued to deny any wrongdoing by the former vice president but has not directly denied the reported facts.
- When finally asked about the controversy on Friday by CBS News reporter Bo Erickson, Biden snapped: “I know you’d ask it. I have no response, it’s another smear campaign, right up your alley, those are the questions you always ask.”