An Ohio man was arrested on Wednesday after allegedly kneeling on the neck of a 2-year-old child in a photograph that has circulated widely online.
The man: Isaiah Jackson, 20, was booked in the Clark County Jail on a probation violation, WHIOTV reported, citing jail records.
- The Clark County Sheriff’s Office said a case against Jackson for his alleged role in the photo has been presented to prosecutors, and felony charges are pending.
- Deputies said they on Tuesday launched an investigation into the disturbing photo.
The child, who has not been identified, was taken to the hospital and found not to have sustained injuries, according to Dayton 24/7 Now.
The photo: Many social media users have responded with outrage to the viral image and called for punitive justice.
- The photo appears to show a man with his knee on the neck of a baby, who is crying as a second person holds the child’s arms back.
- A caption reads, “BLM now mf,” apparently referring to the Black Lives Matter movement.
Some noted the man’s pose resembled that of Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin when he allegedly killed George Floyd during a May 25 arrest.
- Footage of that incident triggered mass protests against police and racism and elevated the Black Lives Matter cause to national prominence.