President Joe Biden was caught reading from a detailed “cheat sheet” during remarks at a G20 event Monday, and it was far from the first time.
Biden turns 80 years old this weekend.
“YOU will sit …”
– Instructions for the G20 Summit Partnership for Global Infrastructure and Investment conference in Bali, Indonesia, Nov. 15, 2022.
“YOU thank participants.”
– The “Sequence of Events” for a White House meeting with energy executives to announce the administration’s offshore wind industry partnership, June 23, 2022.
“End of message.”
– Teleprompter instructions that Biden read aloud during his eulogy of Bob Dole in the Capitol Rotunda, Dec. 9, 2021.
“Sir, there is something on your chin.”
– A note Biden received and acted on during a wildfire emergency virtual briefing with governors and state officials, July 30, 2021.
“I am calling you today …”
– A script of then-Democratic presidential nominee Biden’s congratulatory call to Kamala Harris, naming her as his running mate, Aug. 11, 2020.
In April, the president’s critics accused him of being “stage managed” by a staffer dressed as the Easter Bunny.