Liberals showed a callous disregard for the Christmas spirit as they mocked a Christmas tree catching fire outside Fox News headquarters in New York City on Wednesday.
The libs scoffed when culture warrior Bill O’Reilly claimed the the left was waging “War on Christmas,” but it appears he was right to be worried.
On Sunday, the tree had been lit as part of the network’s “All-American” Christmas special.
Footage of the blaze was viewed millions of time on social media.
- Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott issued a companywide memo on Thursday, calling the incident a “deliberate and brazen act of cowardice.”
- “We are in the process of rebuilding and installing a new tree as a message that there can be peace, light and joy even during a dark moment like this,” Scott said.
- Craig Tamanaha, 49, has been arrested and charged in connection with the fire, The New York Times reported.
Tamanaha faces seven counts, including arson and criminal mischief.
While conservatives on Twitter largely expressed dismay at the apparent act of vandalism, many liberals seized the occasion to take shots at Fox News, right-wingers and what they viewed as excessive displays of patriotism.
1. Liberal Twitter user @AlwaysVote_Blue:
2. Comedian Dean Obeidallah:
3. Nick Knudsen, executive director of the activist non-profit organization DemCast:
4. Frederick Joseph, New York Times bestselling author of “The Black Friend: On Being a Better White Person”:
5. Steve Silberman, award-winning science writer and New York Times contributor: